Texas Stix Scout Day was a huge success, with 10 college coaches, 1 MLB scout and nearly 200 14U-18U players in attendance. Colleges represented include University of Texas at Arlington, Dallas Baptist University, Weatherford College, McClennan Community College, Howard College, Grayson College, Richland, Wesleyan College, North Lake College and Hill College. The Baltimore Orioles also participated.
Scout Day is also an opportunity to measure growth and athletic performance. Stix test players 14 and up two times per year. Some of the key tools measured include arm strength, running speed, fielding and hitting for power.
Led by Shane Davenport and Randy Thorpe, the 17U team played hard all weekend but came up short in the championship game against the Banditos. Congrats to Cole Johnson for earning the MVP bat!
Congrats to Stix 14U for winning Texas vs The World! Led by Coach Patrick Kennedy, the team finished undefeated against local teams and those as far away as Puerto Rico. In the championship game, the boys beat Team TX Elite 7-1. Congrats to Sam Pierce for earning MVP!
Congrats to the all the 14U boys who played in the breast cancer awareness tournament hosted by Travel Sports. Led by Coach Bird, the boys played hard all weekend!
April 25-26, 2015: The Stix 12U North ran the table in the April Showdown 12U Open at CTX Field of Dreams in Dripping Springs, TX. They won all six games with an average 5-run margin of victory. They launched seven bombs during the weekend, but it was great pitching and slick leather that put them over the top.
July 27, 2013: The 18U Stix have won the AABC South Plains Regional Connie Mack tournament, which qualifies the 18U Stix for the Connie Mack World Series in Farmington, NM, August 2-9. The Stix won the South Plains Regional at TCU with a 2-0 win in the championship game over the Dallas Mustangs on the shoulders of a no hit shutout pitched by Dalton Algiene. The week-long event had the Stix with a 3-1 record against the region's top 18U teams. This is the first time the Texas Stix have qualified and attended the prestigious Connie Mack World Series.
July 21, 2013: The 18U Stix - Ray team has won the AABC Connie Mack State Tournament held at South Grand Prairie High School. By winning the AABC State Tournament, the 18U Stix have qualified for the AABC Connie Mack South Plains Regional Tournament to be held at Texas Christian University and Dallas Baptist University the week of Sept. 24-27.
June 22: The 16U Stix-Phillips has won the American Amateur Baseball Congress Mickle Mantle division (16U) Qualifier and earned a bid to the Mickey Mantle World Series in McKinney, TX, July 30-Aug. 4.
03/31/2017, 1:30pm CDT, By Nick Heitz
03/31/2017, 1:15pm CDT, By Nick Heitz
03/20/2017, 1:30pm CDT, By Nick Heitz
03/13/2017, 1:30pm CDT, By Nick Heitz
03/06/2017, 1:45pm CST, By Nick Heitz
12/27/2016, 3:45pm CST, By Nick Heitz
11/08/2016, 10:00am CST, By Nick Heitz
11/07/2016, 10:30am CST, By Nick Heitz
11/07/2016, 9:30am CST, By Nick Heitz
05/01/2015, 1:30pm CDT, By Texas Stix
- Casey Jacobsen of Flower Mound High School has been named First Team All-District 6-6A Shortstop, named to the Texas High School Coaches Association All Star Team and named to the Dallas Morning News All-Area Second Team.
- Jack Cushing of Flower Mound Marcus has been named Pitcher of the Year for District 6-6A, named to the Texas High School Coaches Association All Star Team and named to the Dallas Morning News All-Area Third Team.
- Beau Buesing of Grapevine High School has been named Second Team All-District 6-5A Outfielder.
- Thomas Jeffries of Flower Mound High School has been named Second Team All-District Designated Hitter.
- Thomas Santos of Centennial High School has been named District 8-5A Pitcher-Most Valuable Player.
- Bradley Gneiting of Keller High School has been named First Team All-District 5-6A.
- Alex Alvarenga of Colleyville Heritage High School has been named First Team All-District 7-6A second baseman.
- Jordan Cannon of Centerville High School has been named District 21-2A Most Valuable Player, named Second Team All-State Catcher and named First Team All Brazos Valley Designated Hitter.
- Tyler Fowler of Cleburne High School has been named District 8-5A Most Valuable Player, DFW Super Team First-Team Infield, Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association First-Team All State Shortstop for Class 5-A, and Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association All Star Team.
- Christian Julius of Liberty Christian High School has been named TAAPS 5A First-Team All District third baseman, Second-Team All State third baseman, Academic All State Team and Liberty Christian's MVP for the 2015 Varsity season.
- Garrett Buckner of Cleburne High School has been named Second Team 8-5A All District Outfielder